Tuesday 20 May 2014


Its been a while since I last updated my blog, so I thought I'd better at least put up some photos to record this years progress.
I had several longish breaks in progress on the plots this year, unavoidable..... but never the less several things failed and some crops are later than I would normally have liked.
Thankfully in recent weeks the warm and reasonably wet weather have helped to get things  nearly back on track.
The addition of an extra greenhouse, obtained from free cycle, will allow for a larger crop of tomatoes this year.
I'm growing four varieties of Toms, Shirley F1, Ailsa craig, Golden sunrise and Milla
I've also sown more Parsnips, sprouts and planted more Potatoes and Onion sets this year.

Runners with protection from a cold wind at the time of planting, using old shower screens
                                   
A selection of plants in Green house

Garlic and Onions in the foreground, Potatoes,Parsnips and Broad bean(sown on 9th Dec)

Another view of Garlic and onions( both autumn and spring sown)

Garlic,Onions
Runners

The new greenhouse, showing its new topsoil/compost mix 

Parsnips, I had
an excellent germination rate, they can be tricky!

A second sowing of Broad beans and the three new Rhubarb plants



Sprouts and Lettuce under netting to keep the Pigeons off.

Strawberries, netted and ready for the crop to ripen in a bed of straw

Toms planted in new Green house


2.5 Cubic metres of topsoil/compost mix ready to go down to the plots



No comments:

Post a Comment