Monday 16 June 2014

All change.... harvest a crop, plant another

After a slow start this year, I managed to fill the ground with crops leaving no space left for planting/sowing anything else.
Luckily my autumn planted onions ripened just in time, making space for my sweet corn to go out.
With a week away in our motorhome planned, this happened in the nick of time. So one crop out and one crop in !

Heres just a few of the onions removed from the bed and waiting to be put in the greenhouse to dry.

The sweet corn plants lined up ready for planting in the ground where the onions have just been removed. I like to have my plants in reasonably straight lines, but  I don't spend too much time being totally  obsessive about it. The main thing is to have the spacing even, so that it is easy to hoe between the plants and keep the weeds under control.

In the ground and watered.

Courgettes are flowering with small fruits on the way.

Some Chard in the bed at the front of the plots are doing well.

One of the three greenhouses, this one houses F1 Shirley and Ailsa craig toms and a Cucumber plant, plus some Cos lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment